Renaissance Ruminations

A smorgasbord of erratic thoughts on parenting, politics, grilling, marriage, public speaking, and all the other things that make life interesting.

Name:
Location: Burke, VA, Northern Virginia, United States

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sir Andrew Barton and Ted Kennedy

To all those whose candidates did not win in the recent elections,I recommend the wisdom of St. Barton and-amazingly-Ted Kennedy:

From: St. Barton's Ode
‘Fight on, my men!’ says Sir Andrew Barton,
‘I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I’le lay me downe and bleed a-while,
And then I’le rise and fight again.

http://www.bartleby.com/243/130.html
Stanza LXVI


From: Ted Kennedy, August 1980
"For all of those whose care has been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die."

Democratic Convention, August 1980


Bind your wounds, clear your heads, and fight another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home